Greetings from Greenville, South Carolina: the city that will surprise you, engage you, charm you, and welcome you back again and again. We’ve become a true destination for every traveler, and you’ll soon learn why!
Here are the top ten reasons to consider hosting your next offsite event in #yeahTHATgreenville:
- Getting here (and around town) is a breeze: Whether you’re traveling by car or plane, we’re easy to get to. You’ll find Greenville in the upstate region of South Carolina, halfway between Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC. Convenient interstate access lands us within a day’s drive for the majority of the U.S. population. For those outside of driving distance, opt for flying into one of the nation’s most user-friendly airports, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). (As an added bonus, GSP is just a 15-minute drive from downtown!)
- Venues & meetings facilities that check every box: From unique venues that will cultivate creativity to major meeting facilities, Greenville has it all. Channel your inner history buff and check out spaces that were once carriage shops or historic mills. Whatever your search entails, you’re sure to find the functional venue that meets your needs.
- A good night’s sleep: If there’s one thing that can leave a lasting memory after visiting a new place, it’s a restful stay at a top-notch hotel. You’ll find over 10,000 hotel rooms to accommodate everyone on your guest list, thanks to a variety of hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts, and for the rustic travelers: campgrounds.
- A walkable downtown with an award-winning Main Street: Once driven by the textile industry, it’s fitting that Main Street is the thread that weaves our dynamic downtown together. While strolling Greenville’s tree-lined Main Street, your walk can lead you to local boutiques and gift shops, public art pieces, and over 200 restaurants.
- Falls Park on the Reedy: Speaking of downtown, can you name another downtown that features a 32-foot waterfall smack dab in the middle? We didn’t think so! All jokes aside, you’ll definitely want to experience the focal point and hub of downtown activity. The 32-acre park (are you sensing a pattern yet?) is also home to the iconic Liberty Bridge, the only single-sided suspension bridge in the Western Hemisphere.
- Tours & activities that’ll leave your team feeling united and energized: You can quite literally take your teambuilding to a whole new level with a treetop ropes course. If you prefer to stay more grounded, you and your team can hop on the Swamp Rabbit Trail for a guided bike tour and experience Greenville like a true local.
- A food scene that your tastebuds will never forget: Your event attendees will find something to satisfy every taste bud, thanks to the 1,000+ restaurants in the county! And we can’t forget about euphoria, the ultimate foodie weekend that brings together esteemed chefs, skilled sommeliers, curated tasting events, and guest musicians each year in the fall.
- A pleasant climate year-round: With an average of more than 200 days of sunshine each year, and an average temperature of 61°, we’re a southeastern gem with pretty amazing stats. Being located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains means visitors can plan a scenic adventure in any season!
- Sporting events to root, root, root for the home team: Ice hockey may not be the first sport that comes to mind when you think of Greenville, but trust us—you’ll be cheering the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on, “bit by bit!” Baseball fanatics can check out a Greenville Drive game and experience our minor league baseball stadium modeled after Fenway Park. Or, get your kicks from our men’s professional soccer team, the Greenville Triumph or the new women’s pre-professional team, the Greenville Liberty.
- Local connections to make your event a success: At VisitGreenvilleSC, we understand the many nuances of planning a successful event. With resources like our Meeting Planning Toolbox and a local business directory to find nearby vendors that can handle every task, you’ll have everything you need to bring your event to fruition.